Monday, September 8, 2008

Looking Back, Looking Forward



I love almost everything about the 60's. The first time that I heard the fuzz drenched notes introducing the Rolling Stones "Satisfaction", I was hooked, lined, and sinker-ed. The opening "Da da dadada ..." sounded like a call to arms for some whacked out army of spastic soldiers. Even an eleven year old kid like me got it. I didn't know what I was getting, but, I got it! So I've always been a fan of the slightly off - kilter. And the 60's was rife with off - kilter. Other eras had it too, but this was when I found it and I've been chasing that sound ever since.

By the winter of 1992 I had had enough of mainstream media ignoring the REAL guitar armies of the past, and their modern counterparts. After another half-assed and failed attempt at starting an army of my own, I decided to do a fanzine. The message had to get out. And Atlanta, Georgia was the perfect launch pad. By providence or fate, depending on who you ask, we met Buffi Aguerro through the local free paper. Enter The Subsonics, The Woggles, Man Or Astroman?, Worrybird Records, Estrus, Bomp, The Cynics, Norton Records, and all things Nuggets, Pebbles, and Back From the Grave. Bad Trip fanzine was the name, and anything BUT the Greatful Dead was our game! We tried, and hopefully managed, to keep our tongues in cheeks throughout all 13 issues. Why are we kick starting the old rag? Because it's time to pass the word again .... Dang, someone has to do it ......

Next Installment: Where Are They Now? You won't believe your ears ....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Bruce!
Good to see ya back in action!
Bob Insomniac

Bruce Bad Trip said...

Thanks Bob, I have to get caught up with The Insomniacs and everyone else! Talk about a "good" problem! We'll be in touch, feel free to keep us up to date on what y'all are up to! Everyone else - check out The Insomniacs - they're butt kickin'!!!

The_Noise_Maker said...

Looks like I got another stop on my blog visiting route! Good to find others with the ear for REAL music. Thanks for stoppin' by my site... I've added your link in my sidebar

Bruce Bad Trip said...

... and I've added your link in mine. Thanks for being out there too, drop in any time! RIGHT ON NOISE MAKER!